Skip to main content

Avon Totally Kissable Lipstick in Berry Smooch Review

Hello there lovelies! Yes it is another lipstick shade from the Totally Kissable line of Avon. This time it's all about Berry Smooch.

I hope you read my review about the first shade that I bought which is Make Out Red. I love how that color instantly brightens my face and keeps my lips moisturized at the same time. I had a hard time deciding which shade to choose. I don't have a purple-ish lipstick yet, so getting might be a good idea. After half-a-day browsing Avons website I am finally fixed to Berry Smooch.

"Full coverage color infused with fruit enzymes and a blend of natural oils. For softer, smoother, fuller lips".
 


The color at the bottom of the packaging is helpful in identifying the color you want to use but it is not as intense as the real color of the lipstick. It has SPF 15 which is a great factor of buying this lippie especially this summer season.

The ingredients are listed on the packaging.

Without flash

with flash
L:one swipe;  R:Two Swipes
I'll describe it as a purple color with pink undertone. If you apply the color very thinly and spread it on your lips you will get a nice pinkish shade. But if you build up the color by applying more it will result in a dark plum shade.

 What I like:
 * It moisturizes my lips right after application. You may still use lip balm if you want to
* very pigmented. One swipe is enough to cover my lips
* the packaging looks classy unlike the usual black tube from Avon
* it smells sweet although other may not like it but it fades after a few seconds
* price (got it for php249 during sale)
* it has SPF which is a must to protect my lips
* true to its word. My lips were smoother, fuller and softer when I'm wearing this lipstick.
 *locally available at an avon dealer

What I don't like:
 - I can taste something whenever I lick the lipstick on my lips.
- it last for only 2-3 hours on me but it leaves a stain of color even after eating, re-application is a must though.

Although in my opinion Berry Smooch is not right the color for my skintone, I do not regret buying this. I may still be able to use it if I'll be attending a party or event at night. It can still work as an office or day lipcolor if you will blot your lips on a tissue paper upon application to remove the excess shine and make it thin. As I have said it is very pigmented even in one swipe.



 I am drinking a grape flavored juice while writting this post. I thought it would be fun to take a photo with the lipstick.


I'll see you again lovelies! Stay happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nichido Length and Curl Mascara

I have used this Mascara  for half a year so now I think it's time to bring this baby to the spotlight. Here is another review from a local brand Nichido, this time it's a mascara. I was browsing through racks and racks of make-up looking for a perfect mascara that I can wear everyday. I don't want to spend too much for a mascara because they tend to dry up fast, that's base on experience from other mascaras I've tried. I was checking Nichido counter when the SA approached me. She gave me several mascaras to choose from. Others are just not for my liking because it doesn't hold curls or it make my eyelashes clumpy and heavy after application. She told me to try Nichido Length and Curl Mascara. She got me when she said that it doesn't  clump eyelashes and it won't dry fast. I gave it a try and I like it. It holds curl and gives additional length to my eyelashes. It has small hairs that would stick to your eyelashes for added lenght but I haven

Nothings Gonna Change My Love

"Nothing's gonna change my love for you. I hope you know by now how much I love you One thing you can be sure of I'll never ask for more than your love." This is my favorite song. I keep this song inside my heart because I know that one day I will sing this song for someone until you finally came. You gave meaning to this song. It's not just a lyrics for me now but it's a real emotion from me to you. I can't imagine how life would be without your presence. Every single day without you is so different and very difficult for me. I miss you in every breathing I take, in every words I say and in everything I do. Im missing you right now as I am right here on the bed writting this post for our anniversary. First, I want to thank you for being patient and for keeping your love and your trust on me while I was away. I know it has been so hard for you to let the days over without me. It's hard for you as much as it's hard for me. But those days mak

New Bath Companion from Watsons

Who doesn't love taking a bath? I live in the Philippines where it's very humid and the temperature can go up to 60 degree Celsius or even higher during summer. I have bath-time essentials which I use on a daily basis. I just recently run-out of my favorite body wash from The body shop, I first thought of buying new ones from Daiso just to give it a try but I decided to check Watson's first. I know they have body essentials like lotion, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap and even mouthwash at a very reasonable price. Some items are on Buy-one Get-one promo. Watson's carry a lot of different products from head to toe. I have tried their mouthwash and Hair Spa. I must say that they work perfectly the same as the other brands with a higher price tag because of the expensive commercials and advertisements. My husband and I still use their mouthwash until now. Here are my new bath-time companion from Watson's. I currently use this deep moisturizing