Skip to main content

Aido Classic Lipstick Review

Hello pretty ladies! Have you heard before about the local brand called Aido? I used to call it "I do" just because I want to make fun of myself and that makes the brand sounds a little bit more interesting hihihi.
I was checking Fashion 21 cosmetics because I needed to buy new powder foundation. I noticed the lipsticks from Aido sitting there on Fashion 21 stall, that's when I realized they don't have their own. I swatched some of the colors specifically the pink ones because I'm looking for another pink lipstick and the color that I want from Maybelline is not yet available here in the Philippines. Instead of just swatching pinks I found myself checking as well the other shades but I ended up buying the shades N, K and B. It  doesn't sound good when lipsticks are named by letters, don't you think?



The packaging looks like the old packaging of a lipstick that my Mom used to wear but it doesn't look cheap to me at all, in fact it reminds me Models Own lipstick. It's a transparent plastic with the tip of the lipstick peeking over the top, so I should be careful in closing it or else I might damage the tip. It glides smoothly and doesn't feel dry on my lips but I always put lip-balm before application. The ingredients are written on the tube as well as the manufacturing date.Take note that it has vitamin E that helps moisturize the lips. Though I can smell plastic when you put your nose really near but not when applying them. The smell is the same as the other local brand of lipstick that I know.





To tell you honestly, I was hesitant to buy these at first. I even ask the seller if it would darken my lips, she told me it won't... Sorry SA I was just being paranoid :)

Going back, K is a an opaque pink with a little bit of shimmer but almost not noticeable. It can brighten up my face with just two swipes. I think it would suit medium to light skin tone. If you want to wear it during the day, one swipe is enough because more than that is too much for a day look. It's a party color for me. Lip swatch below.

One swipe using K
The other color B is a shimmery pink. It's a doll pink with noticeable shimmer on it. It wears very frosty. My sister told me that it's hard to notice that I'm wearing lipstick on this shade because of the light reflecting shimmer and it has very light color, I can almost see the original color of my lips.

One swipe using B
N on the other hand is a peachy pink. It's opaque, one swipe will give the exact color on the tube. It will suit any skintone. My sister, who has darker skin than me also bought this shade and she likes it as much as I do.
One swipe using N

What do you think is my favorite shade?


I listed what I like and dislike on this product. Hope it helps.

Likes:

* Pigmented - one swipe is enough to get the shade on the tube
* Price - 50Php per tube (beat that!)
*not drying on lips
*it has vitamin E
*lasting power (3-4 hours without eating)


Dislikes:

-settles on fine lines
-has a plastic smell
-feels a bit heavy on the lips
-few color to choose from (less than 15 shades)

Have you tried Aido lipstick?

Comments

  1. I love the one in N! Nice blog! Follow me back? ;)

    http://silverwriting818.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too! Thanks for the follow, I followed you back.

      Delete
  2. I've never tried Aido (well I never heard of it actually :p), but the colours look really pigmented. They look good on you^^ Thank you for following me, followed you now :) X

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a local brand, you can see them at Watsons and SM department stores. Thanks for folowing my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothings Gonna Change My Love

"Nothing's gonna change my love for you. I hope you know by now how much I love you One thing you can be sure of I'll never ask for more than your love." This is my favorite song. I keep this song inside my heart because I know that one day I will sing this song for someone until you finally came. You gave meaning to this song. It's not just a lyrics for me now but it's a real emotion from me to you. I can't imagine how life would be without your presence. Every single day without you is so different and very difficult for me. I miss you in every breathing I take, in every words I say and in everything I do. Im missing you right now as I am right here on the bed writting this post for our anniversary. First, I want to thank you for being patient and for keeping your love and your trust on me while I was away. I know it has been so hard for you to let the days over without me. It's hard for you as much as it's hard for me. But those days mak

Nichido Length and Curl Mascara

I have used this Mascara  for half a year so now I think it's time to bring this baby to the spotlight. Here is another review from a local brand Nichido, this time it's a mascara. I was browsing through racks and racks of make-up looking for a perfect mascara that I can wear everyday. I don't want to spend too much for a mascara because they tend to dry up fast, that's base on experience from other mascaras I've tried. I was checking Nichido counter when the SA approached me. She gave me several mascaras to choose from. Others are just not for my liking because it doesn't hold curls or it make my eyelashes clumpy and heavy after application. She told me to try Nichido Length and Curl Mascara. She got me when she said that it doesn't  clump eyelashes and it won't dry fast. I gave it a try and I like it. It holds curl and gives additional length to my eyelashes. It has small hairs that would stick to your eyelashes for added lenght but I haven

The First 365 Days

Life is a never ending journey. I feel so blessed to have found you while I am walking on this road. Who said relationships are easy? It never was and it never will. Our relationship is no exception. It's hard but we always find a way to make it work. You find ways to be closer to me even if walls are built between us. Without you I will never understand what it is to trully love without exception. I will never know how it feels to trully love without limitations. I will never know how it feels like to be loved by you. You make each and everyday so special for both of us. Some days are better than the others. Some days are painful than the others. Few days were full of sadness and pain than the others. Some days are cloudy and rainy. But I could only remember those days you light up my face. I could say that you make each and everyday so bright. You and your love gives me so much happiness. My life was just normal before you came. When you came, you make it extra-ordinary. I