Skip to main content

Nyx Round Lipstick in Paris, Pumpkin Pie and Louisiana

Hi Girls! I miss writing a post for you. Maybe most of you know that I'm working on a night shift that's why I seldom make a post during weekdays, the first thing that I want to do when I get home is sleep. But whenever I can I'll try to squeeze a post during weekdays.

I'm so excited to tell you guys that I just received the Nyx round lipsticks I ordered from Windy of Stuffinstyle.

I ordered the shades Paris, Pumpkin Pie and Louisiana. I was so tempted to buy Nyx lipstick and it took me forever to decide what shade because they have more than 140 shades to choose from. The color I choose are not available at Nyx store in Trinoma that's why I never had the chance to try them before I buy. I based my decision on reviews from other bloggers.



 I so much love pink and I'm still in the look for that perfect pink for me. When I saw the swatches of Louisiana I didn't have a second thought and immediately included it on my list to buy. It's a loud pink color on the tube that screams PINK when worn. Yes! This is the color that I've been looking for and I'm so glad I found it at a reasonable price. Here are the swatches.


 Paris is a pretty pink color with blue undertone it can be worn day or night. The color reminds me of Thalia but this one doesn't have a purple undertone. I have an NC20 skin and I find that this shade washes me out or maybe I'm just not used to wearing a light pink shade. Here are the swatches.


I've recently been trying nude lipstick. I thought before that I would never look good on nude because my lips are so pale and I don't want to look sick. But the adventurous me forget about it and tried some nude lippies at the counters of SM Department Store and I think that it doesn't look bad at all. I ordered a nude color called Pumpkin Pie. It has a little bit of peach undertone so it doesn't look totally nude on me unlike other nude colors that look like concealer when worn.I'd like to use it with natural blush and a little bit of brown eyeshadow and I'm good to go. I remember Jlo's nude lips with this color.


I love all of these shades and I still have more colors on my list that I should try. My top concern is it doesn't last on me for more than 3 hours even without eating, because the staying power is not good and I have to re-apply twice or thrice in a day one tube wouldn't last for more than a month on me.

Let me tell you, I used Paris last night but on the first swipe it bends on one side and on the second swipe it totally breaks on the tube. I have to push it back to its original place. I think I need to depot this one.

I listed the things that I like and dislike on these lipsticks. Hope it helps.

Likes:

*Creamy - glides on lips easily
*Pigmented - coverage is medium to full
*Doesn't dry my lips
*Wide range of colors to choose from
*Packaging - the color and name of the shade is shown on the packaging
*Does not settle on fine lines

Dislikes:

-It melts easily and breaks after a couple of use
-It has a soapy scent and smell 

So that's it for now... Have you tried any of these shades?What's your favorite Nyx lipstick?

Love lots,

JOY


Comments

  1. Cute blog! I follow you now! :)
    Could you follow back?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Saw your blog, I like the stories. I'm following you now.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I bought this shade in Paris and i love it! Too bad it broke on you though, product defect maybe? Hmm, you should try Tearose and Milan, both are really great shades! Thanks for the great review by the way! Im your new follower!:>

    hope you can followback! <3 TIA!

    http://pepperymint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maan! I am eyeing on tearose too, has it the same color as thalia?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nothings Gonna Change My Love

"Nothing's gonna change my love for you. I hope you know by now how much I love you One thing you can be sure of I'll never ask for more than your love." This is my favorite song. I keep this song inside my heart because I know that one day I will sing this song for someone until you finally came. You gave meaning to this song. It's not just a lyrics for me now but it's a real emotion from me to you. I can't imagine how life would be without your presence. Every single day without you is so different and very difficult for me. I miss you in every breathing I take, in every words I say and in everything I do. Im missing you right now as I am right here on the bed writting this post for our anniversary. First, I want to thank you for being patient and for keeping your love and your trust on me while I was away. I know it has been so hard for you to let the days over without me. It's hard for you as much as it's hard for me. But those days mak

Nichido Length and Curl Mascara

I have used this Mascara  for half a year so now I think it's time to bring this baby to the spotlight. Here is another review from a local brand Nichido, this time it's a mascara. I was browsing through racks and racks of make-up looking for a perfect mascara that I can wear everyday. I don't want to spend too much for a mascara because they tend to dry up fast, that's base on experience from other mascaras I've tried. I was checking Nichido counter when the SA approached me. She gave me several mascaras to choose from. Others are just not for my liking because it doesn't hold curls or it make my eyelashes clumpy and heavy after application. She told me to try Nichido Length and Curl Mascara. She got me when she said that it doesn't  clump eyelashes and it won't dry fast. I gave it a try and I like it. It holds curl and gives additional length to my eyelashes. It has small hairs that would stick to your eyelashes for added lenght but I haven

The First 365 Days

Life is a never ending journey. I feel so blessed to have found you while I am walking on this road. Who said relationships are easy? It never was and it never will. Our relationship is no exception. It's hard but we always find a way to make it work. You find ways to be closer to me even if walls are built between us. Without you I will never understand what it is to trully love without exception. I will never know how it feels to trully love without limitations. I will never know how it feels like to be loved by you. You make each and everyday so special for both of us. Some days are better than the others. Some days are painful than the others. Few days were full of sadness and pain than the others. Some days are cloudy and rainy. But I could only remember those days you light up my face. I could say that you make each and everyday so bright. You and your love gives me so much happiness. My life was just normal before you came. When you came, you make it extra-ordinary. I